Hardwood Ski & Bike, Barrie, ON
The long Thanksgiving weekend brought with it some amazingly warm fall weather for cyclocross’s Ontario Cup #4 at Hardwood Hills. Often the scene of Provincial and National mountain bike races, the venue was transformed into a challenging cyclocross race course.
Features of the course included four forced diss-mounts per laps with hurdles, a double sand trap, a sand climb and a stair climb. Ouch!
While this may have been the toughest course of the ‘cross season so far, it certainly didn’t deter your Duke’s Cycle Cannondale LapDogs from putting together a most impressive collection of results, including 5 podiums!
- Marcus Boyle, 2nd Place, Master 3 Men
- Russell Slater, 3rd Place, Master 3 Men
- Oggie Sokolovic, 9th Place, Master 3 Men
- Steve Hart, 10th Place, Master 3 Men
- Rob MacEwen, 15th Place, Master 3 Men
- Mike Chalovich, 27th Place, Master 3 Men
- Sean Poulter, 1st Place, Elite 4 Men
- Stephen Cooley, 2nd Place, Elite 4 Men
- Been MacEwen, 6th Place, Under 13 Men
- Alan Reain, 14th Place, Master 2 Men
- Michael Cranwell, 19th Place, Master 2 Men
- Markus Schroeter, 21st Place, Master 2 Men
- Kathleen MacEwen, 2nd Place, Master Women