St. Catherines ON
The 2015 Cyclocross season is beginning to wind down as signified by this past Saturday’s Cyclocross Provincial Championship race, held in St. Catherines Ontario.
True to form, this race course was designed to bring out the best in all who participated. Racers needed speed and power to negotiate a fast track with long straight sections, making it ideal for passing and putting in that big move on the competition.
Racers we also treated to some amazing mid-November weather with temperature well past 10 degrees C under sunny skies. Not exactly the traditional cold, damp and often snowy conditions one normally expect for last season ‘cross racing.
As expected, your Duke’s Cycle Cannondale LapDogs Team, were once again a highly active presence at the race and we are very proud to see two of our the “pups” (okay, one pup and one old dog) make it to the podium at this year’s Provincial Championships. Not to be overshadowed, the rest of our squad also put in an impressive collection of results against many of the best in Ontario. Well done all.
- Benen MacEwen, 3rd Place, Under 13 Men
- Finlay MacEwen, 4th Place, Under 15 Men
- Jean Michaud, 7th Place, Master D Men
- Marcus Boyle, 12th Place, Master C Men
- Steve Hart, 14th Place, Master C Men
- Ogee Sokolovic, 15th Place, Master C Men
- Mike Chalovich, 18th Place, Master C Men
- Kathleen MacEwen, 6th Place, Master Women
- Markus Schroeter, 19th Place, Master B Men
- David Michael Lamb, 20th Place, Master B Men
- Richard Bowers, 25th Place, Master B Men
- Mark Brusso, 2nd Place, Master A Men
- Sean Poulter, 14th Place, Elite Men