Ganaraska Forest, ON
The second race of the Substance Projects, XC Marathon Series treated our Duke's Cycle Cannondale LapDogs to an epic day of racing in the Ganaraska Forest. Known for its flowing single-track, difficult sandy climbs and yes, poison ivy (hence the reason for the Long Socks), this event have become a favourite for many members of the MTB Squad.
Our Team is such a big supporter of this event that we have become "unofficial / official" sponsors of this XC Marathon Series. With some additional support from "our" Team Sponsor Mill Street Brewery, we supplied the entire podium with some very tasty beverages.
The Team had a great day flying the colours and when the dust finally settled, they had put in an impressive collection of results.
Full Marathon, 75k *
- Gus Ryan, 1st Place, Clydesdale Men
- Miro Zgavic, 3rd Place, Clydesdale Men
- Robin Kay, 3rd Place, Women Open
- Andrea Bowker, 4th Place, Women Open
- Dan Bandurka, 6th Place, Open Men
- Oggie Sokolovic, 7th Place, Master Men 40+
- Bevin Reith, 13th Place, Master Men 40+
- Ian Ptolemy, 16th Place, Master Men 40+
- Barry Cox, 27th, Master Men 40+
- Francois Boivin, 38th, Master Men 40+
Half Marathon, 37k *
- John Roy, 2nd Place, Clydesdale Men
- Chris Macfarlane, 10th Place, Clydesdale Men
- Jason Ma, 15th Place, Open Men
* At the writing of this report some of the results had to be hand-tabulated. Our apologies if we made any mistakes. We will correct them as needed.