The Duke's Cycle Cannondale LapDogs MTB Squad has officially kicked off the cross-country racing season with participation at the first race of the Provincial Series. We had a solid presence at this race with a strong field of racers participating across several categories.
Normally a cold and wet race, racers were very pleased to be able to ride in full summer gear as the sun was out and the temperatures where above normal for early May. With these warm conditions, the course was very fast and furious. Several of our racers described it as pretty much a solid drag-race from start to finish.
The course at Woodnewton is on private property and is custom-built by the folks at SuperFly Racing exclusively for cross-country racing.
Our MTB Squad put in a fantastic collection of results with 3 podiums and strong finishes by all with many of our racers finishing in the top 10 of their respective categories. This bodes well for he coming season.
Our Team's Results:
- Bevin Reith, 10th, Master Sport Men 40-44
- Richard Lee, 28th, Master Sport Men 40-44
- Ian Ptolemy, 3rd, Master Sport Men, 50-54
- Mike Chalovich, 16th, Master Sport Men, 50-54
- Derrick Cho, 18th, Master Sport Men, 50-54
- James Irwin, 5th, Master Sport Men, 55-59
- Bill Packham, 5th, Master Male, 60-64
- Melanie Chambers, 2nd, Master Sport Women, 40-49
- Steven Martin, 4th, SingleSpeed Men
- Larry Woo, 9th, SingleSpeed Men
- John Roy, 11th, SingleSpeed Men
- Mark Brusso, 1st, Master Expert Men, 30-39
- Dan Bandurka, 17th, Master Expert Men, 30-39
- Oggie, Sokolivic, 5th, Master Expert Men, 50+
New weekend, we'll see many from the MTB Squad back in action with the Spring Epic 8 Hour Relay Race.