After a 2-year hiatus the Ontario Cup Series is re-visiting the perennial CLASSIC. Buckwallow is a legendary race course set amidst the wind-bent pines and granite-enriched landscape of Muskoka country.
The course at Buckwallow, while reasonably flat, presents a number of unique challenges for the racers. While countless rocks, roots, and more rocks..., including some huge boulders and “whale backs,” the course challenges one’s bike-handling skills and nerve.
We were very pleased to see that despite these challenges, our Duke’s Cycle Cannondale LapDogs put in a great collection of results. Amongst the Team, we were also very pleased to see Oggie race to a 3rd Places finish, after just recovering from a broken collar bone.
Our Team’s Results
- Bevin Reith, 6th Place, Master Sport Men (40-44)
- Brian Moosie, 10th Place, Master Sport Men (40-44)
- Bill Packham, 5th Place, Master Sport Men, (60-64)
- Melanie Chambers, 5th Place, Master Sport Women (40-49)
- Larry Woo, 5th Place, SingleSpeed Men
- Mark Brusso, 6th Place Master Expert Men (30-39)
- Oggie Sokolovic, 3rd Place, Master Expert Men (50+)