Christie Park, Dundas, ON
And all of a sudden, the cyclocross season is here…
The 2015 Provincial Cyclocross season started this past weekend with a highly anticipated event taking place at Christie Park, just north of Dundas Ontario. Home of the famous Turkey Cross Race, this venue is a favourite for the Duke’s Cycle Cannondale LapDogs ‘Cross Squad. The course was flat and fast, with some highly technical twisty corners and a tough sandy beach crossing section that tested the power and handling skills of the racers.
Our Team looks forward to this time of the year as it brings together members of both the Road and MTB Squads and unites them into combined group for the next couple months of racings.
The weather for this first event of the ‘cross season was perfect with warm temperatures and sunny skies. If anything, it was actually a bit warm for ‘cross, but no one complained. With this late-summer weather, the post-race treats of chilled Mill Street Beverages was extremely well received by our racers.
Our ‘Cross Team started the season with a great deal of enthusiasm and put in some very impressive results at this first O’Cup.
Our Team's Results:
- Sean Poulter, 4th Place, Elite 4 Men
- Stephen Cooley, 12th Place, Elite 4 Men
- Marcus Boyle, 4th Place, Master 3 Men
- Oggie Sokolovic, 12th Place, Master 3 Men
- David Michael Lamb, 14th Place, Master 3 Men
- Tim Griffen, 19th Place, Master 3 Men
- Steve Hart, 20th Place, Master 3 Men
- Jean Michaud, 34th Place, Master 3 Men
- Mike Chalovich, 36th, Master 3 Men
- Michael Cranwell, 7th Place, Master 2 Men
- Alan Reain, 11th Place, Master 2 Men
- Markus Schotter, 18th Place, Master 2 Men
- Mark Brusso, 10th Place, Master 1 Men