Buckwallow Cycling Centre, ON
The closest place to mountain bike raw Canadian Shield trails is the Buckwallow Cycling Centre in Muskoka. The 5th event on the Ontario Cup MTB race series calendar returned to this fantastic set of trails outside of Gravenhurst on July 9th and the LapDogs were well represented. Beyond the race team there were many enthusiastic club members that took advantage of the dedicated skills session subsidized by the LapDogs Cycling Club during the pre-ride the day before. It’s a 2h trek from Toronto but well worth it for terrain that is unique to this part of the world. Big rocks, lots of roots, rough doubletrack and chains of singletrack corners all encourage riders to anticipate what’s coming next to avoid getting caught out. It takes a lot of power and core strength to do well here.
A very challenging day of racing for the LapDogs MTB Team, and a great collection of results.
- Derrick Cho, 6th, Master Sport Men (50-54)
- Tom Beck, 4th, Master Sport Male (55-59)
- Shawn Hill, 9th, Master Sport Men (30-39)
- Sean Poulter, 16th, Master Sport Men (30-39)
- Mark Brusso, 2nd, Master Expert Men (30-39)
- Michael Dennis, 5th, Master Expert Men (40-44)
- Bevin Reith, 8th, Master Expert Men (40-44)
- Oggie Sokolovic, 6th, Master Expert Men (50+)
#RaceWithThePack, #emPoweredbyGears, #RideCannondale, #GeorgetownVW, #MillStreetBrewery, #CherryBombCoffee, #Monvida, #Sugoi